A GIRL WITH THE MOST MESMERIZING EYES...

                         A GIRL WITH THE MOST MESMERIZING EYES…


The cab driver called me up and informed me that today he will pick me up one hour early because today there will be a new employer who will be joining us and she lives a little far from my locality. I was watching my favorite soap in star world and now I have to get ready or else that obnoxious driver will leave me. I have to leave my soap just because of that lady whatever her name is and I do not like this at all. Working at night shifts and on above that I cannot even enjoy a serial, my life has become a hell. And now I do not know what to wear which will lighten my mood, hmmm I guess I will wear my black trouser with off-white tunic along with black stilettos.

It is already 12am and driver has not arrived yet. He always does that, he will come in a furry and drive likes a drunkard. I think I should get down and wait for the cab in the parking so that he would not have the opportunity to wait and make faces.

I asked him why he was late and as usual he made up his own story. I asked him from where we have to pick up the new employer and what her name is. He said that her name is Sunaina and we will be picking her up from the other next to next locality. When we were heading towards her stop, I remembered that there was a small bridge which has to be crossed in other to enter the locality and that bridge is famous for paranormal activities. Stories says that many people have committed suicide from that bridge and it is even believed that people are attracted for suicidal acts and recently someone has committed suicide and the fact is all the suicides happened after midnight. I asked the driver about this bridge and he hushed me that such things are just made up stories and the recent death was an accident not suicide but all my other colleagues who were in the cab have heard the same stories .



While passing the bridge I tried my best not to look out of my window. We drove a little further and there she was waiting in front of her house. She came in and we started for our office. Her looks were simple and sober and you cannot list her under the beautiful girls but one thing was very much captivating about her, her eyes were mesmerizing and it was deep and hollow. You cannot just take off your glance from her eyes.

We reached our office and we started with our own work. My eyes were fixed on my system timer, I so much wanted to leave this night shift and join some other day shift. It was 10o’clock and I got up as quick as possible. I got a coffee and started towards the cab. From a distance I saw Sunaina already seated in the front seat which was my spot but now why to argue about all this small stuff, I just want to put my head on my pillow. I took the back seat and relaxed myself. I asked her how her first day was. She replied in a small tone that it was good. I wanted to talk to her more but I do not want to bother her anymore so I closed my eyes and opened when I reached home. I got down and said bye to her and she just nodded her head and the driver took off.

I unlocked my room and went straight to my bedroom and fell on my bed. I woke up in the evening and was hungry like anything but I was not in the mood of cooking. So I decided to order some continental. I ate my fill and continue watching some movies. I hate my life, office to home and then home to office, no parties and no hangouts. I just got up and had my food and now it is time to get ready pack my bag, get into the cab and to the office.

Today again I did not open my eyes while crossing the bridge. When Sunaina was in the cab, I asked her about the bridge. She said that bridge is cursed and people get attracted and kill themselves, she said this in such a tone that you would not take it as a lie. I asked her about the recent death. She said that it was not an accident and the girl was her neighbor and her face was smashed so badly that even her mother was not able to recognize her, she was the only girl and she met someone near the bridge and from that they she was troubled and often found near the bridge and finally her body was found. She was narrating all this without a pause and it seems like she was her close ones. I asked her about that girl and how she was related to her. She said that she was her close friend.



After a month Sunaina’s training was over and she assigned under me. I was in favor for her because she seems a nice person and all of the above she prefer to remain quite all the time and I appreciate it, I do not like talkative person who blabber all the time. Sunaina entered my cabin and as usual she was simple and innocent. I talked to her about her work and she did not interrupt me even for a second. It is hard to believe that how come someone be so calm and composed in this decade, I guess I can learn something from her.

Sunaina has been doing a great job and I am getting credits for this. Work has become quite easier with her help because she would make sure that all the work done before I even asked for. I often tried to invite her for dinner but she is never interested. She never talks to anyone, she is invisible for everyone. She even does not talk to me until required. I think maybe she is extrovert and she is in her mourning period, maybe she still misses her friend. I often end up asking her about her friend but she does not talk much about her and she always end up saying that her friend was not living a good life and it was better off with her life.

It was almost one month she has been working under me but we were still stranger. But today when I was getting down she said that today her parents were out and she wants to come for dinner. I was surprised but was happy that finally she was talking to me. As usual I went straight to my bed and woke up when Sunaina was ringing the bell. I was a fool; I should have started with the dinner. She was holding some groceries. We started with our dinner. I was not saying anything to her so she started to talk. She said that her friend was leaving a horrible life.

What she said next was breathtaking. She told me that her father was tormenting her and her mother physically. They were living the life of a hell. Every day she has to see her father tormenting her mother and he would let her mother to watch when her father would exploit her. They were so scared of him that they would not even dare to utter a word to any single soul. They were living in terror. Sunaina said that her friend would come and cry in front of her and made her promise to tell anyone and now she was happy that she is out of all that tormenting. I was listening like a dumb because there was nothing I could say which would make her feel better.

Dinner was made but she left immediately saying that she remembers some urgent work and she would meet me in the office and she was sorry for the dinner. She seemed disturbed. I ate my dinner alone and waited for the cab. When we reached her porch, she was not there, we called her up but she did not respond. I went up to the house but it was locked. We headed to the office and she was not there too. Next day too she was absent. The office tried calling her but there was no response for her. The next day I told the driver to drop me in front of Sunaina’s house. The house was still locked so I went up to the neighbors and enquire about Sunaina. Neighbors told me that the couple has left the house two months back after their daughter was found death.


The land slipped away from my feet. I have to compose myself to digest what I have heard. I went back to home and goggled about the girl who died recently. The story written about the accident was, a death body was found under the bridge and the body was smashed very badly. The only thing which was not smashed was the eyes of the girl because the eyeballs were popped out of the body.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

Comments

  1. " tanSEN was bengali my dear friend, so were a lot of other people! want to see the entire list as it stands today? so was subash chandra bose and sri aurobindo :)



    and i can name a million others and i am proud to say our greateness can be exerted beyond our national borders.
we are the fifth largest speakers!

    we bengalis have won pretty much every award in the world stage
you name it we have it and we are damn proud of what we have :)
its the only country in the world which took rebellion because it couldn't speak its mother tongue and it won! and won so hard that the UN had to adopt that day as the international language day, which celebrates languages from all over the world. "

    KAMONASISH AAYUSH MAZUMDAR
    MBA (2013), IMT Ghaziabad
    Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
    hometown: Kolkata, West Bengal
    in.linkedin.com/in/7thsense

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello KAMONASISH,

      I didn't understood what do you want to say exactly & I don't think that you wrote is quite anything related to my story. Can you please explain

      Delete

Post a Comment

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *